Sunday, July 27, 2008

Catching Up
It's been nearly two months since I last posted here. Here's what's been happening:
  • ALA - The annual conference in Anaheim was a good one. I essentially went to Council and did the exhibits. I stayed at one of the headquarters hotels, the Anaheim Hilton, with my usual conference roomie, Patricia Clark.
We wound up eating most of our meals at the hotel - pricey, but good food. One night we went to the Cheesecake Factory, where I had shepherd's pie and chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Since I no longer drive (and wouldn't drive to Anaheim anyway) I took Amtrak, which stops at the parking lot for the Big A. Naturally, since the Dodgers and Angels were engaging in interleague play, those games were being played at Dodger Stadium. Grr.
  • Health - I had two major health problems. I attended the game June 21 vs. the Indians, and made several dumb errors. (1) I sat in the sun (temperatures on the field were in the triple digits) for eight innings. (2) I didn't keep hydrated. (3) I didn't wear sunscreen. (4) I didn't take my potassium. Combine all that, and I was dizzy and somewhat nauseated when I tried to leave. The usher, seeing my distress, called security, who in turn called paramedics. The upshot: I spent the afternoon and evening in the emergency room at Good Samaritan Hospital, with electrolyte IVs.
The other was the second of my two surgeries. My plastic surgeon had been carefully enlarging the skin on my left breast, and installed the silicone implant. He also reduced the size of my right breast to match the left. I took vacation time to recover, which means I don't have to get a "return to work" slip. I have to be careful about lifting or pushing heavy items.

The Dodgers have given me hope, as today with a victory against the hapless Nationals we reached .500 for the first time since late May. I'm making no plans for October!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home