Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Morning Musings

I'm back at the salt mine following a three-day weekend. (Inglewood observes Cesar Chavez Day on his actual birthday. Since that was a Saturday, we got the preceding Friday off.)

Since I knew I was going to have Friday off, I scheduled a doctor's appointment for that date. This cardiologist has a very busy practice, as the waiting room was wall-to-wall people when I arrived and as I left. He told me to lose weight (like no other doctor has told me that :) ) and he would get authorization from the insurance folk for a stress test.

I had planned to go to the Pasadena Center on Saturday, since one of my favorite former Dodgers, Jim Gott, was appearing at a home show. After that, I was going to a yarn store to take knitting lessons. NOT! I stayed home, reading mysteries and playing games on my computer.

My friend Cherie and I had brunch at an Acapulco restaurant near my house. Food was good, and we got a senior citizen discount. (I'm a senior; she's not.) Spent the rest of the day reading mysteries and playing games on my computer. (Do I live a dull life, or what? )

This morning I timed everything right. The first bus I take sneaked up on me (I was reading). The second bus came along just as I crossed the street. I had to wait a couple of minutes for the third bus, but the upshot was I got to work about 8 a.m. - nearly an hour early!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home