Wednesday, August 27, 2008


The News that Fits

I am in the middle of chemotherapy to treat my breast cancer. Every three weeks I go for an infusion of two medicines, cytoxan and taxotere. (I've looked both of them up.) The treatment takes about four hours, during which I'm hooked up to an IV. I bring books and a supply of snack foods since the office doesn't supply lunch :(

"Cytoxan" rang a bell with me, as I recall taking it in pill form during my last session of chemo some 15 years ago. I'm now getting it as an IV, and don't have any pills to take at all besides my usual medications.

I have to go to a lab for blood work before I have the chemo. I found a lab in Burbank that takes patients on Saturdays, so I hopped the first of two buses that would get me there in time. I had made an appointment online, and even though I was early I was taken quickly. Then it was back to the bus.

I went to Best Buy to purchase a cable replacing the one that connects my camera to my laptop. They didn't have the cable, but sold me a card reader. When I got home I found the readere didn't fit my memory card. After I finished with my chemo session, I went back to Best Buy. They replaced the card reader with absolutely no problems.

I'm not nauseated - just very tired. Stayed home Thursday and Friday to rest.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home